Saturday, August 15, 2015

I'm just tired

I hit this point in training last time and got tired too.  The miles are piling up - I hit my first 50 mile week EVER last week.  We are into the 17-18 mile long runs with 8 mile tempo run days.  I love the feeling of accomplishment that comes with it.  I don't dread my runs at all (well, maybe tempo day a little), in fact I feel like something is missing if I don't get in a good run.  I don't feel like the quality of my runs has suffered at all.  But I'm tired.

I wrote earlier about how marathon training isn't just about the running, and that seems so evident now.  On the plus side, I am sleeping amazingly and waking up feeling refreshed.  And I'm enjoying the runger - eating is my favorite!  But I'm tired.  I know it comes with the territory of these high mileage weeks.  And it's ok.  I'm just a little tired.



*side note:  today's tired isn't because of running.  It's brought to you by a late night at the Foo Fighters concert last night and a day at an amusement park today.  It's a totally different tired.  But still a good one.  And look - Asher actually smiled on a ride!




No comments:

Post a Comment